During the school year, students squeeze tutoring into a schedule packed with school, sports, homework, and other after school commitments. Summer frees up not only time, but also brain bandwidth — making summer tutoring at Syllables extremely productive.
Don’t miss the chance to help fill in any learning gaps and prepare your child to succeed next school year!
How Syllables Can Help
- Intensive Tutoring: Speed up your time with us by increasing tutoring frequency or scheduling two-hour sessions. Students who complete “intensive summer tutoring” make remarkable strides and dramatically shorten the time they need to spend with us during the school year. Because our therapists are experts at keeping students engaged and active, double sessions are extremely productive.
- Math: If your child comes to Syllables for reading tutoring but also struggles in math, consider adding math to their Syllables summer tutoring menu. Our Orton-Gillingham math program breaks down math in a new way — giving your child the tools they need to finally “get it.” Math tutoring is available for students in grades K through 5.
- Cogmed Working Memory Training: Did you know that it is possible to actually change the existing pathways of students’ brains to boost working memory and improve learning skills for a lifetime? Summer is the ideal time to complete Cogmed Working Memory Training, which requires several blocks of time per week. Learn More.
- Brush-Up for Syllables Alumni: If your child has graduated from Syllables’ reading program, they are welcome to come in for a free retest. We will determine if your child has retained their skills and kept up with their peers. If we see any deficits, summer is a good time to fill in gaps.
- Study Skills: Did you know that we are experts in teaching kids study skills? Summer tutoring is an excellent way to develop these skills without the pressure of daily schoolwork. Learn More
- Work at Home: Parents who work with their child at home decrease their child’s time at Syllables. Make sure to complete the practice your therapist recommends between sessions. You can also visit our YouTube channel to watch demonstrations of games you can play and activities you can do at home.
- Attend a Training Session: Parents are welcome to attend our teacher training sessions (offered through our sister company, Kendore Learning). You’ll learn our proven method of teaching reading and you will leave prepared to help your child at home more than you ever thought possible! Parents of currently-enrolled Syllables students receive 40% off of Kendore Kingdom training. View Our Training Schedule
- Sibling Screenings: Dyslexia and other learning disabilities run in families. If you are concerned about your Syllables student’s sibling(s), bring them in for a complimentary one-hour reading assessment. If there is an issue, we can help you make a plan.
Not sure how to structure your child’s summer at Syllables? Give us a call at 770-752-1724. We are experts at assessing students and helping you make the most of your child’s time with us.